Please submit products and materials for this section by using the "submit an item" link at top right of page.
For engineers, materials scientists, architects and inventors who need detailed information on the properties of materials, please visit MatWeb, a searchable database of material properties with more than 93,000 entries.
Monolithic Membrane 6125 (MM6125®) is a thick, tough, flexible, self-healing membrane for use in waterproofing and roofing applications, especially useful for vegetated roofs. It is part of Hydrotech's Garden Roof® Assembly that combines Hydrotech's superior waterproofing technology with a system of drainage/water retention components.
Monolithic Membrane 6125EV® is a hot, fluid applied, rubberized asphalt produced with a minimum 25 percent recycled content. MM6125EV is a premium waterproofing membrane, offering tenacious bond to substrate, no seams, simplified flashing details and self-sealing capabilities. MM6125EV is applied only by authorized, trained applicators. The MM6125EV is applied in two coats, with a layer of fabric reinforcement between layers, to a thickness of 215 mils.
MM6125 is a special formulation of refined asphalts and synthetic rubbers. MM6125 has been successfully used worldwide by leading architects, engineers and owners on all types of horizontal and vertical structures including plazas, parking decks, planters, tunnels, bridges, mud slabs, foundation walls and roof areas...establishing an unbeatable 45 year track record.
MM6125 has many unique characteristics...
* MM6125 is a thermoplastic material - one component, 100% solids, no solvents means no on-site cure failures, no two part mixing and no VOC restrictions.
* MM6125 conforms to all surface irregularities and bonds tenaciously to an acceptable substrate (i.e., concrete, steel, wood, etc.) eliminating lateral migration of water.
* MM6125 is completely monolithic, no seams!
* MM6125 is typically installed at 215 mils thick in the Fabric Reinforced Assembly. This is more than three times thicker than most other waterproofing membranes. Thickness is an important benefit in that MM6125 exhibits the ability to self-heal and better accommodate developing cracks in a concrete substrate.
* MM6125 can be installed at 180 mils thick in the Standard Assembly - please contact Hydrotech for specifics.
* MM6125 can be installed at temperatures as low as 0 °F (provided the substrate is clean, dry, free of snow and frost).
* MM6125 detailing is simplified, with triple protection at all critical locations.
One of the reasons MM6125 has been so successful in the market place is that MM6125 can only be installed by "trained" authorized Hydrotech applicators. MM6125 is sold direct, not through a distributorship (or over the counter).
* ISO 9001-2000
* CAN/CGSB 37.50-M89 (Canadian General Standards Board)
* Applicable ASTM Test Methods (American Society for Testing and Materials)
* BBA Approval (British Board of Agrément)
* UL Class A Classification (Underwriter Laboratories)
* FM Approval (Factory Mutual)
* Dade County, FL Approval
* General Approval - City of Los Angeles
* MEA Approval - City of New York