Home      About      Contact      Submit an Item      
Passive    PV    Homes    Commercial    Wind    Projects    DIY    Resources    Tools    Materials    
Watch Highline Park NYC Thumbnail

Highline Park NYC Video


Watch Highline Park Design Thumbnail

Highline Park Fly-Through Animation Design Video


Watch Highline Park Design Thumbnail

Highline Park Design Video


  

 

 

 

Green Architecture & Building Products



Please submit products and materials for this section by using the "submit an item" link at top right of page.

For engineers, materials scientists, architects and inventors who need detailed information on the properties of materials, please visit MatWeb, a searchable database of material properties with more than 93,000 entries.

Material or Product

Oceanside Recycled Glass Tile

Source

All Oceanside Glass Tile is made primarily from silica sand, an abundant natural resource. But its cobalt color tiles are made with 82 percent post consumer recycled bottle glass from curbside recycling programs, as well as 15 percent pre-consumer recycled glass. Overall it has a recycled content of 97 percent. Oceanside’s pre-consumer materials are generated during its manufacturing process and may consist of scrap and trimmings that were never used in the consumer market. Post-consumer material is an end product that has completed its life cycle as a consumer item and would otherwise have been disposed as solid waste. Oceanside Glass Tile's post-consumer material is recycled bottle glass (cullet) from curbside recycling programs. Glass tile is a strong building material that is impervious to water and freeze/thaw resistant. This long-lasting durability further adds to its sustainability. For example, breaking strength on all 4" x 4" Oceanside Field Tile is approximately 900 pounds per square inch of force.

 

Cobalt Glass Tile Oceanside

Cobalt recycled-content glass tile from Oceanside. ©2010 Oceanside